Are you looking for the best mop and cleaner for a hardwood floor available? You can find a list of the most effective and reliable hardwood floor mops below, along with their equally important counterpart, the cleaner. Gone are the days of heavy Medusa-haired wet mops and hard to wrangle sloppy mop buckets; these modern hardwood floor cleaning devices below are easy and convenient to use, and get the job done leaving your floors sparkling and guck-free.
Everyone can agree that mopping might be one of the least sexy chores that exist, but if done with an excellent mop and cleaner, you might just find yourself enjoying it a bit more than you expected. Once a hardwood floor is mopped expertly by you and your new mop, you will feel a significant degree of accomplishment and an ability to enjoy your home in its freshest and cleanest state. To help you achieve this, check out the selection of top-vetted mops and their recommended cleaners below to help you get the fresh home you deserve.
Light n’ Easy Steam Cleaner Steam Mop
How does an affordable, lightweight, multi-surface mop that eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria sound? One of the highlights of this unique mop is the steam component that sanitizes surfaces, killing harmful germs like e.coli, and other bacteria. If you have pets or children, this is a safe alternative to using cleaning chemicals that might not be good for them.
This steam mop is quite simple without the bells and whistles but with equal effectiveness. The mop pad has an easy velcro attachment, making it a quick and simple switch out when the pad is ready to be thrown out. No buttons, just plug the mop in and push down on the handle to get the steam going.
- Long handle
- Steam sanitizes
- Water tank requires frequent refills
Bona Hardwood Floor Spray CURVE Mop with Dust Pad and Applicator Pad
Making homes cleaner by the minute, the Bona Hardwood Floor Spray CURVE Mop with Dust Pad and Applicator Pad is easy to maneuver and comes with a Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad and a Bona Microfiber Dusting Pad for maximum mop cleaning potential.
A mopping system that works great on hardwood floors and boasts a sleek durable design. It gets floors cleaned quickly and efficiently without leaving a residue.
Users report that the mop handle is about as comfortable as mop handles can get. That, along with having a large mop head, you can expect the job to get done quicker and more conveniently than ever. Just give the cleaning a solution a spray by squeezing the handle while you mop and experience cutting your my mopping time down exponentially. This mop has a powerful spray jet that directly douses the floor right where your mop head is so you don’t miss a beat.
- Comfortable mop handle
- Comes with a 33 oz Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refillable Cartridge
- Direct spray cleaner
- Can both dust and mop floors
- Reportedly not as good on laminate floors
18″ Professional Microfiber Mop
If you’re looking for a mopping solution, you’ve come to the right place. The 18″ Professional Microfiber Mop is one of the top-reviewed hardwood floor mops on the market. This mop makes dusting and mopping the floor a breeze. A professional quality mop, it’s great for cleaning the home or the office. Works on hardwood, laminate, tile, stone and concrete floors alike.
It’s designed wide, with the intention to enable you to get your mopping done incredibly fast. It’s tough, so you can scrub through those stains like a pro, and it has a handle that is made for people of all sizes. The pad ads are easy to put on and take off and according to users, the dust mop pad picks up everything in its path while the mop pad works great and leaving no streaking or filmy residue behind.
- Wide mop head coverage
- Easy to adjust heavy-duty handle
- Adjustable height and mop head angle
- Hole to hang on a hook
- Need practice maneuvering mop head
What is the best mop on hardwood floor for the price?
BISSELL 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop
After conducting many hours of research and reading customers’ reviews about the best mops for hardwood floors, I came across this much talked about mop by Bissell. This particular mop was a standout because of it seemed to be encompassing of all of the best characteristics of the mops listed above all in one.
Particularly notable, was the flip-down easy scrubber which allows users to clean up really tough messes, even on grout, and other sticky dried on situations.
- Smart set digital variable steam control
- Cleans and sanitizes sealed hardwood, tile, stone, marble, ceramic, linoleum and laminate flooring
- Eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used as directed
- Ergonomically shaped handle
- No residue left on floor
- May have to be aware of mop pad bunching when moving forward
Frequently asked questions about mops for hardwood floors:
How often should you mop your floors?
It’s best to mop on a consistent schedule (for small households, this may be every other week; for households with kids and pets, it may be once a week…or more!) OR to put it simply, mop when the floor looks dirty.
Some other helpful tips to keep those hardwood floors shiny and clean:
- Use door mats at entry doors in order to not track dirt onto the floors.
- Dust and/or vacuum or sweep first to get all of the large objects out of the way so the mop can do its job, which is to make sure your hardwood floors look clean and refreshed.
- Institute a no-shoe policy inside your home. Outdoor shoes transfer bacteria, dirt, grass, and a whole lot of other unpleasant cling-ons that can really give your hardwood floor a beating and make it much harder and more work to mop and clean. Set out a shoe rack, shelf, or basket near your most frequented doors so your family, friends, and visitors see it and remember to take off their foot gear.